Client input is the foundation on which successful web sites are built.
This worksheet will help you articulate and identify the overall goals of your Web site, including specific questions regarding message, audience, content, look and feel, and functionality. You are advised to be as descriptive as possible. Naturally, skip any questions that don’t pertain to your project or if those that have already been replied/communicated to me. This information will form the basis of our proposal/design/development estimates and briefs and will be a key factor in the success of your Web site.
Contact or lead for this project:
Email, telephone/mobile number:
Current website address:
Underline or circle if this is: NEW DESIGN or REDESIGN
Do you have a company logo/stationery
1. What is your intended launch date for the new site?
2. Has this date been chosen for a specific reason (i.e., PR launch, tradeshow, annual report)?
1. Describe your company in one short paragraph.
2. Describe the concept, product or service this site is intended to provide or promote.
3. Do you currently have any marketing material or corporate colour schemes that we need to incorporate into design?
1. What are your primary and secondary online business objectives for the Web site?
(Examples include increased sales, marketing/branding awareness, and fewer customer service calls.)[/one_half]
1. Describe the primary and secondary users coming to your site. Be as detailed as possible. (E.g. age, profession, how long they spend online, their favourite sites)
2. What is the primary “action” each user should take when coming to your site
(Search for information, become a member, make contact, download file, etc.)?
1. Use a few adjectives to describe how the user should perceive the new site.
(Prestigious, friendly, corporate, trustworthy, fun, forward thinking, innovative, cutting edge, etc…)
2. Using adjectives and short phrases, describe the site’s desired look and feel.
(Easy to look at, edgy, classic, up-to-date, crisp, colourful, modern, traditional, understated, etc…)
3. Please list your competitors’ URLs. What do you like and dislike about your competitors Web site? What do you feel works well and what works badly?
4. List the URLs of any sites you find compelling. What specifically do you like about these sites?
1. Attach logos you like and explain what it is about them you like.
2. What colours and imagery convey the personality and tone of your company and services?
3. What should the logo tagline convey?
1. Have you planned your site’s structure/content or thought about number of pages/sections? Please give brief about the sections of the site you want to have.
Example: Home, About Us etc (with sub-sections)
2. Will this website need to be updated on regular basis? If so, how often and what would you like to update?
Please take as much space as you need.